HOW TO PLAY ONLINE COMPETITIONS? PLAYING SLALOM! YOU HAVE 100 SECONDS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE. THE CLOSER YOU GET TO THE GATES, THE MORE POINTS YOU EARN. BUT DON’T KNOCK INTO THE GATES OR GREY SKULLS, OR YOU WILL BE PENALIZED. AT THE END OF THE GAME YOU WILL SEE YOUR SCORE, PENALTIES AND THE GATES YOU HAVE PASSED. ENJOY THE GAME!
- The game is a slalom race.
- Each race lasts 100 seconds. The stopwatch starts at 100.00 seconds and counts down to zero. The aim of the game is to score as many points as you can in this time.
- Players must guide a pawn along the way, using, depending on the device, a mouse, finger or stylus.
- The route includes the gates and the obstacles shown as grey skulls. Pass by as many gates as possible but avoid touching the skulls as this incurs a time penalty.
- Make sure you pass by the correct side of the gate with the largest dot. Get as close to the gate as you can without touching it for the highest points.
- At the end of the game bonuses and penalties are given and your final score is calculated.
The Bonuses only affect the total score while the penalties only affect the time.
- 60 points are obtained when doors are correctly passed
- When a gate is passed, the system calculates the ‘dist’ value, which represents the distance on the X axis of the counter from the gate, which is therefore a distance relating to the position that the counter can take within the gate-field segment of the game
- This distance (dist) is used to assign a higher score the closer the player gets to the edge of the gate without hitting or missing it
- The pointing system, increases points between 0.10 points (if the distance is maximum) and 10 points (if the distance is minimum)
- The units are absolute and are not part of a conventional system of units that are measured in metres, inches or pixels; rather, they are part of the units system of the engine that allows the game to be played.
- The criteria that the algorithm assigns points at every door is: ’60+( distance from the foot of the door in unit)’
- The maximum number of doors that can be seen in the 100 seconds of the game is 150
- The maximum theoretical score is therefore: 150 x (60+10), corresponding to 10,500
The final screen gives the end result, i.e. the obstacles struck and, lastly, your record for the course.
Now you know how to play online competitions!